Sunday, April 18, 2010

I love Rock N Roll !!!

Rock N Roll as my own definition
Through Wikipedia this is the definition. Rock and roll (often written as rock & roll or rock 'n' roll) is a genre of popular music that originated and evolved in the United States during the late 1940s and early 1950s, primarily from a combination of the blues, country music and gospel music. Though elements of rock and roll can be heard in country records of the 1930s, and in blues records from the 1920s, rock and roll did not acquire its name until the 1950s.An early form of rock and roll was rockabilly, which combined country and jazz with influences from traditional Appalachian folk music and gospel.
_____________________________________________________________

That’s wiki definition and go to hell with those words. Some of the explanation is damn confusing and I don’t even understand.
My definition is , it is guitar based music in electrified mode, fast beat and usually in the form of three or four piece band. The basic is blues and it is creaming with varies adrenaline and attitude whether it is to fight back spirit , temperamental, scream, bad, evil and everything well-packaged comes from hell.
Rock N Roll in numerous forms
To say that rock n roll one of genre music is definitely too general because it can be consist of numerous forms that evolve through decade. I born in 1977 and I noticed the existing of Rock N Roll in the year 1984 when I was in Standard One. The first song I knew was Isi dan Kulit. Since that I had been introduced types about this demon music. Let me try to recharge back my Hall of Fame music memory which I really adore with until now. Slow rock, Punk Rock, Hard Rock, Hard Core, Heavy Metal, Gothic, Glam Rock, Grunge, Thrash metal, Nu Age, Death metal, Black metal, Occultist and every angst ridden sounds considered Rock N Roll.
But can I say in Malaysia, most rockers are Malay and why? Even the music now considered dinosaur and out of the bloom ,but we can expect the Malay supports on every gigs such as RTW, Jom Heboh sometimes( if there’s any rock band there ) and most fun fairs in small town. Is it about the melody or about the attitude? Aren’t Malay is considered sopan santun and a softy race? And why they need the brutal sound to be cheered and to be celebrated?

My only point of view is most Malay rock song had been fabricated and composed suit to their soul food. They might even don’t have any knowledge about the Black Sabbath, Stevie ray Vaughn or Jimmy Page but they love Opera Hidup very much and most of them preferred the anthem of the year songs and sing a long songs like Fantasia Bulan Madu and Dari Sinar Mata. In simple words, the radio friendly rock song or easy listening but must be in Bahasa because they need to feel the song as well. This group covers 70 percent of total rockers in Malaysia and mostly there are from out of the town. They don’t really celebrate the independent movement but they extremely enjoyed the Battle of the Band to the max. I'm one of them.

What about the other group? Another 30 percent are urbanites who have a lots of music resources. The choices of bands are quite unpredictable depends on their interest and the circle of ages. Some might love U2, Radiohead and all kind of Brits sound but some might listen to hair glam like GNR and Kiss or maybe the current Lamb of God. They mostly have a lot of reading to what they’ve listened. The magz like Kerrang and Rolling Stones are might their text book to their leisure times. They really do have knowledge about this and the other reason is they can afford to have all the multi-sources compare to the other group, where their hometown shows their background (Mak bapak depa kaya, pi mampoihlah ). But don’t just simply underestimate the first group. Rock n Roll is always about the working class not for the urbanites. So for the urban bro’s, I guess you guys are very much poser than Mat Rock Kangkang.

Why do I love listen to Rock N Roll?
The main reason is about the rhythm and melody. The energetic and loudly music makes me feel fresh and it stimulate my inner spiritual to wake up and get ready all the time. The lyrics are always give me a stand and fight factor or to be rebellious for what ever things unsatisfied. Rock N Roll always plants on my mind to be motivated person and be directional person not just a simple follower. Maybe on certain things it portrayed me as an evil and bad Samaritan but the most situations it is inspire me to be success and lead others and there are times the music remedied my worried.

I don’t say that my English as good as Marina Mahathir or the hell damn good verbally and writting but most people I met said that my English is always above the typical. In other words by listening to this music specifically in the west genre, it helps me a lot to improve my diction and vocabulary , but I do listen to Malay rock song as well. (This part the radio should play the “I love Rock N Roll by Joan Jett “) My rock n roll degrees can be said started from the slow hand of Eric Clapton to the fame of Motley Crue and Search and its change the gear sometimes for Nirvana and then paused to the KORN and slightly running up to the hypnotyzed System of A Down or Red Hot Chilli Peppers and it will break-up at the Sepultura throat and finally it touched the growl of Napalm Death.

The last beat.
I love Rock n Roll because I get the benefits from it. Not just the music but also the attitude. Love all, serve all


P/s I'm not Zaid Ibrahim and Rock Roll is never related to him