Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pullman / Pull Me Man


Start my weekend by sending her to Pullman Putrajaya. I had a good jog this morning as I experience the greenery lush vegetation of Taman Botani. Good landscapes, and well maintained. I think most people in Putrajaya don’t really much appreciate what they have surrounding them. Without they realize, they have to spend thousands ringgit to get the world class infrastructures if they are not living in Putrajaya.
My wife is being a secretariat to a course in Pullman Putrajaya today. Mesmerized with Pullman Kuching which I stayed last year, I decided to follow her. Quite impressive in the first thought but there are few things that should be highlighted here. The room is quite small for a 5 star hotel and . This pebble washed hotel is designed by Raja Bahrain so you can feel the same effects as you reach at Sultan Mahmud Airport in Terengganu.With the reputation of the architect, you just simply can identify the Malay-archipelago design applied here. From my observation the use of too much finishing and materials on the wall ruined the exclusivity and high- rated rooms. In simple words, this hotel is overdone.
The lakeside view is impressive with the man made beach and the marine infra at least save the 5 star rating. Well Pullman is just next to Marine Complex here and I never think that Putrajaya will have all these ( the beach and a world class marine infrastructure), knowing this hotel a bit outskirt from the Putrajaya CBD .
Tonight is earth hour. I think the idea is nuts. Who brings the idea to switch off the whole mother nature for one hour when a robber just take a few second to rob a car ? I don’t quite agree with the idea but and I wonder why tonight, after we have so many days in the calendar. Hmm maybe it sounds selfish when you have a free vacation.
Ohh yeah… I and my wife attending The Malaysia Championship Water Ski and Wakeboard this evening. Even maybe I might be looked as a poser for this kind of sport but I believe doing something different can make my life more colourful. After reading a short biography of Eddie Vedder who is also a wake-boarder, for at least there is a connection between me and this watersport . Haaa awkward n freak-out.. But I do enjoy the view at least..
That’s the pullman story .Let's talk about the office. My boss last day at my section will be the end of this month. I can see the melancholy tune to the rest of staff in my section. They seem unhappy and gloomy. Same goes to me. I think he is quite responsible and he understands the flow of the works. But the only problem is only too much outstation for him. I believe that the capacity of big boss should be in the office most of the times. But he is good.
He will be transplanted (read :-transferred) to the policy and corporate management division and I believe that’s quite challenge for him as most people here realize that his outstation addictive a bit crucial. But this is good move for his carrier too. Congrats and long live the boss…I wish that he can put me together with him. En Myo..Pull me...Man…pls..