Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Malaysian Idol

Unlike every Friday, the last Friday Pray I performed at Masjid Negara was so exciting. I had a chance to shake hand with our most prolific leader Tun Mahathir which the same feeling I guess ,If I could meet Paul Mc Cartney . He did ask me what am I doing for a living, and then I told him that I work with government. He then advised me to do a business for a better life. I thought of this prolific leader only urge people to venture a business in public for the political millage purposes but now I can see the sincerity of his words. The Star online reported Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammad’s autobiography is selling like hot cakes nationwide. I was about to go the MPH Mid Valley yesterday to celebrate the book’s launching and get my copy but the Rolling Plan Exercise is killing me to do so. I am one of those who failed to buy the book I guess as I was told the book now is out of stock. The books entitled Doctor in the House, sharing the same name with a British television comedy in the early 80’s. The series based on a set of books and a movie by Richard Gordon about the misadventures of a group of medical students. I don’t quite understand the rational of using the same title but I really keen into this book.
I predict that there must be another side of him which we never explore and maybe the humorous part of him and his interest. Of course when talk about Dr, Mahathir, everyone would listen to him and most attention will definitely go to him. The most iconic and controversial leader and according to Tom Plate who wrote the book entitled Operation Malaysia, the good thing referring Dr. Mahathir is he said what he thinks and the bad thing about him he said what he thinks .
I did collect some books related to him no matter how it’s bad. The revelation of 100 billion waisted as published on Maverick and some slanders toward him are may just the prerogative but I myself believe that he is worth exist as Malaysian leader rather than others. I believe that those people who never do mistakes meaning to say he did nothing for his life. If we compare the mistakes has been done compare to good things he serve for the country then we knew can measure how important this leader compare to others. Wheather he act as Machiavelli or not, at least he proved many things rather than just rhetoric.
Nuraina Samad's blog reported.... Some people may find remarks by the Tun potentially slanderous. Asked about it, he responded to the effect "so, sue me.".. hah haa.. some people just want him to be bankrupt.
Reading much and more about him is some interesting but it doesnt change anything and still i am not capable to review any of books related to him , but the best thing to quote about him is, he may covers half of the Malaysian chapter. I am sure this book is different from what is written by Tom Plate, Pak Habib, Barry Wine, Kadir Jasin, or Chamil Wariya and I certainly will not be equal to the set of writings in his blog. One thing for sure is as heavy as heavy as Malay Dilemma but still well defined of his own way longhand writing. I can’t wait. ..