Monday, March 28, 2011

Of Sociology & Taboo

I am too innocent in grasping the urbanites taboo and that is may be because of my bonding as a kampong boy. Living in urban area and with the new address of Pusat Bandar Putra Permai may sounds metropolis but does it mean change of lifestyle and belief?. Not at all. Born as muslim, where my father was previously a religious teacher have taught me to solat jamaah at surau and that is something must that being cultivated in my family. As a new members of this qariah , I introduced my self to the imam and sadly happened was a voice at the back just cynically whispered what was I did , as it is something so damn silly and shouldn’t be practice.” Itu pun nak kena bagi tau ke” Duh..if those people in surau behaving like this, I am sure they are not getting more people in surau , but going disowned it. They should be more welcoming so that people get into closer to surau and religion.. Entahlah. Is that my perception is wrong or I am too naïve with the urban sociology.