Monday, May 16, 2011

Spoonerism?

I always confused between Maswings, Firefly and Flywings. Yesterday, I flew from KLIA to Kuching, transitted at Kuching then I continued to Sibu using Maswings. I 'm not sure whether my bad memory syndrom had attacked me or what I ate last night not enough digested.Okay ..it started when I asked the guy at the transfer counter, at which gates I have to take Flywings? Then the guy said with odd face....., What Flywings?,,I said Flight to Sibu.. lah and he answered there's no such an airway companies named Flywings. When I looked up the billboard..Oh..yes,, Sorry Maswings. urgghh So shame I feel to flush my face inside the toilet bowl...Is that considered " spoonerism"?...That was remind me last time,a friend of mine from Kedah who first time came to KL, took a cab and he wanted to go to Bukit Bintang. In his mind, he'd keep thinking that Bukit Bintang is somewhere, where the Sungai Wang Plaza is. With his verbal slip syndrom and may be a lil bit confuse, he combined both last words then he asked the chaffeur to take him to Bukit Wang and Bukit Wang is actually one of waterfalls in Kedah. Fortunately, the taxi driver doesn't have any navigation problem and he managed to reach Bukit Bintang. So cool huh...
There are lot of spoonerism cases like instead of " drunk in public " , a naughty by nature boy might say " Punk in Drublic". True enough , verbal slip will result different meaning..

So be careful. Old folk's said "kerana mulut badan binasa".. Oh ..: -)