Thursday, March 1, 2012

St. Valentine Part III : London

22nd Feb St Pancras > Sussex Garden, Paddington
We reached London at 5.30 pm and it‘s ample time to look for Paddington station. We asked around and most British are very helpful compare to others. Paddington is just 15 minutes from St. Pancras and we had to take Blue Line to Hammersmith. From Paddington station is just 5 minutes walk to Mara House which situated at Sussex Garden, a prime area where Thaksin Shinawat ’and Tun Mahathir’s apartment is just opposite the Hyde Park. Located somewhere Lancaster Gate and five minutes to Bayswater, Mara House is so convenient and we just walk to get Primark, Oxford Street and Piccadilly Circus. Who say that bag packers don’t deserve a luxury vacation? What you have to know is just plan your vacation, ask around and explore the internet and google around.

After liaised with Encik Syed we then checked in Mara House and having our dinner and sleep and the bed room was awesome.
22nd Feb Malaysian Hall, Bayswater and Primark Craziness
Zareene had made appointment earlier with her close friend, Niza who moved for good in London. We met at Malaysian Hall which situated at Queenborough Terrace and having our heavy breakfast there. Niza was so kind giving us some tips where to purchase cheap souvenir and where the right place to shop around in London. She brought her son, Yohan and from there we shopped around at Bayswater and guess what we found the cheapest place to get perfume which is in Whiteleys , Baywater. Damn.. Zareene and Wanie so crazy picking up the perfume and I choose Cerruti 150 ml from just GBP15.

From Bayswater, we took a red bus from Queensbay station dropped at just right in front of Primark. From there Niza told us she need to go back to pickup her daughter and then I found three of us were being mesmerized by the Primark offers. Kids clothes, shoes, ladies and men office wear all that offers from GBP 1 to GBP 20 randomly. How much do I spent in Primark? GBP 150 and I had to purchase another bag. That‘s considered a shopping trip where I purchased almost 10 pairs of shoes. Few Malaysian we met here but they just give a bored face. Yuh Malaysian in London mostly arrogant and they think they can afford to shop in London but then why Primark? If you have damn much money then go for Harrods, not Primark. Yup we shopped until night and by 9.00 o clock we get the red bus to Lancaster Gate and back to sleep at Sussex Garden.

23rd Feb London Sightseeing
A day of tourist experience and that was great moment where we get the hop on bus to have the overall sightseeing of London city. There are two local councils which govern the Greater London which is City of Westminster and City of London. Both are separated by the Thames River and demarcation of separation area is The Tower Bridge.
My best moment for this vacation is Buckingham Palace where I can experience changing of guards just in front of my eye. There are thousands people who are waiting that moments and we are lucky enough to experience just nearby. At the meantime we just make joke as is Wanie and I are covering the news for Buletin Utama. Zareene did record in video mode and people surrounds us laughing at us. Buckingham is situated in St James Park and the area is so wide. It consists of several palaces like the Green Palace; Kensington Palace .The nearby of the area is Westminster Abbey, Parliament House, No. 10 Downing Street and also Diana Memorial Walk. Kate Middleton and Prince William wedding were ceremonies in this palace. God that’s great time.
The last chapter of our visit in London is being in Harrods. Like all women’s dream and so do Zareene and Wanie, they finally put at the doorsteps successfully. Harrods, a mall who representing luxury and wealthy and most of the workers are from Middle East. What did I do there? Yeahh,, as an unofficial photographer for the two women and besides that having a good sightseeing of pretty Lebanese at the counter.
24th Feb Packing Day
After we packed all the stuff then we walked to Notting Hill and we backed to Oxford for last kopek viewing London. I have to split with them because I’ll be taking Mas and the two girls will take Air Asia which is definitely different airport. I had to take Heathrow Airport and luckily one told me that MAs counter is in terminal 4. While waiting to get my boarding pass, I did cant with other passenger and they said Heathrow such a lousy airport with many unnecessary rules. True enough then when I passed the Immigration they asked to take out my belt check all over the pants including putting their hands under my panties. I feel like to naked there but I don’t feel I am as dumb as John Fruciante. Hmm they should rename this as death-row. 2 Chinese while on board were so helpful. I sat on window seat and sometimes having problem to cross the lady to pooh- pohh , but this couple just being nice to me including offering me beer. I said then, no thanks ..I used to. Arriving KL at 5.30 pm after 12 hours on board and MAS treatment is much better. Oh yeah I watched James Bond’s Golden Eye and that much represent my vacation this time.