Sunday, January 3, 2010

ASB


Let starts the 2010 with something cliché. What is your wish, what do you intent to do, what should you get and etc. Now let’s talk about the ASB. A unit trust for Bumiputera.

The account of 2009 had been exclusively closed and the final figure indicates that ASB just give us 7.30% dividend + 1.25% bonus…i.e. equals to 8.55%. Is that enough for a working class investor like me? One of my colleagues who migrated to New Zealand last two years tweeted me (via Tweeter) that NZ unit trust is easily give 20% to their investors. So are we still wanted to continue investing in the mainstream unit trust? (obviously less risk compare to the other commercial unit trust).


There is one proposal from unknown, suggests all ASB investors should convert their accounts into certificates. The formula introduced to mortgage the certificates to get overdraft loan. After that, reinvest to ASB back. This formula will expedite to maximize the account. (Hopefully…and with consistent saving la.)
I am not really satisfied with the profit but I am not a high risk taker as well. As a result, I shifted-out most portion of the liquid into Felda shares which I believed they give profit much better than the ASB. Especially in this season (I heard that the current PM is closed to Felda, so that the share is being well speculated, I guess).

Now I am reading a book on investment and saving guideline for a young executive, not finished yet but I hope I’ll be one of the beneficiaries from the book .