Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Culprit

Culprit-JAB( u know who u are)

Today I had to make a report of an allegation towards my department whether to proceed with an action that might prove to be lethal should I prove who the culprit is.
Slander.
The first time I heard this word was when I was in primary school. Being a Scrabble geek, I was quick to look up its meaning. So I knew the meaning, but I could not understand it.Understand - not literally, but 'comprehending' the reason why people would want to write/say unkind untruths about another for the mere reason of harming their reputation. There are idiots out there who have nothing else better to do but make up stories.As years pass by, slander came in many forms. From wild allegation and mean backstabbing to downright ridiculous statements to harmful and painful accusations. Even though malicious talk was really part of my cup of tea, so I always chose to starts the bad vibe conversations with facts.

And on a hindsight, I recall not being very popular when they roped me in for "goss talk". Being a natural rebel, I always was deemed 'defending' the unknown or the underdog - giving "what if" or "perhaps she/he had..." rebuttals along the way, yes, even if I knew jack shit about the whole story.I always truly believe that there is always two sides of the story. Sometimes three. And life is never black or white, but as mentioned in a previous post, beautiful hues of grey.But don't get me wrong. I am sure I have been a meanie in the eyes of another. So today, on this note, I would like to condemn that person who writes/spreads untruths via one of government agency. To good vibes, positive thinking and love & respect all around