Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine -The Saint Anger (Part II)

I planned earlier, a vacation with my wife after I knew my enrich miles is sufficient enough to be redeemed for Asia traveling.That is for her brithday present cums Valentine's present lah kot... And that’s what the KLIA MAS ticket counter told me after I referred them my number. I reconfirmed again via enrich log on and stated my enrich miles is 27115. Flying from KL to Bangkok you only need 25000 miles two enfrows and that’s what I understand and being told. Unfortunately, after purchasing for a low cost carrier ticket to Bangkok to my wife, I again to MAS ticket counter to redeem my MAS flight ticket to Bangkok and then….

I was told that I am qualified to get the free return ticket to Bangkok using my enrich miles BUT I have to pay another extra RM375. What the f**k?I asked why ?The tudung receptionist girl then said,” ye lah ..tiket encik mmg free, tapi tak termasuk airport tax dan fuel surcharge?” Kepala hotak betoi. I said, since when MAS becomes Air Asia, to charge here and there? I thought if the 25000 miles is sufficient enough to go to Bangkok so I don’t have to pay anything. .. I said to myself, why must I pay another extra of RM375 inclusive of 25000 points deduction where else I can get only RM308 a return ticket with Air Asia?
...Goshhh…this must be crazy. What a stupid comparison from two local airlines. One claims that the nation hospitality, exclusive and offering a fake promise from the loyalty card with the capitalist marketing while the other one claims the best low cost carrier, the best deal price but with extra hidden cost. If I ‘m not mistaken, I still remember last three years, I had purchased a ticket to Penang by redeemed the points at no extra cost. Same goes to my boss, when he went to Bali last time. I wonder since when MAS is changing their rules, imposing fuel surcharge and other charges?
I thought only low cost carrier practice it as their marketing plan? Again with anger, I purchased another Air Asia ticket for me to Bangkok at RM 308. At least this company quite sincere by not offering any card with fake promises….Duhhh….A good lesson for all domestic and Asean travelers who owned the enrich card, just throw it away .It’s value is nothing more than the toilet paper.