Monday, August 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home Part 2



Salam Ramadhan,

It has been eight month I travelled to the office with Wak since January, I supposed. Most every day we talked about how to handle our life how to make things better. We shared almost every tits bits and part of it is why sometimes this country really make us demotivated due to the economical obstacles and the freaking red tapes. These are some of the facts that makes me stockpile with hated. But yet we are also heard the crying outside about this country. What are they saying about their beloved country?

1. Cost of living and the purchasing power. I myself had to spend about RM 550 per month just for my daughter’s milk…just imagine it. Their clothes, education…my goodness.


2. The newspaper is dominates by the political party. I reserve my comment because both sides are desperately using desperate effort and rhetoric method. Most Malaysian talk about politic everyday. They never rest even one day.


3. Politicking is killing the facts and truth. Both sides are just the same. One with black and white stripe while the other one is white and black stripe. They cheat ,we hear, and they get it.


4. The tax is damn high. just imagine when you go to the office is toll , and that is tax, you go to cinema they have entertainment tax, credit card with GST, KFC and MC D also take another tax, quit rent , bla…bla..


5. Follow the leader aka bodek culture here is damn crap. C mon see in your office la , how big is the blower who are the beneficiaries. If it is merit and that is fine..but if it just selling the saliva.. Then my foot lah.


6. The traffic jam make KLian sick


7. Here you must know who rather than know how to makes your life easier.


But Newsweek said our country is not that bad. No 37 out of hundred over is still considering okaylah. How does news week rate our country? Hmm they look into some criteria like education, health, quality of life, economic dynamism and political environment. Let’s take a look on this schedule and make a comparison.

MYS SIN INDON THAI US
Education 86.43 95.60 74.36 79.28 89.44
Health 71.02 92.76 61.37 66.20 85.51
Quality of Life 69.28 80.00 52.34 67.16 88.58
Economic Dynamism 69.28 80.00 52.34 67.16 88.58
Political Environment 59.80 53.26 60.09 48.74 86.18

We are at no 37 and Singapore at no 20.


A friend of mine, Nona Hayrati is living the most top ranking the best country in the world which is Finland. She stays there in Rauma but she said her food appetite makes her sick of the country and she never perform baca yassin at the mosque.

Very hard n tough . That is in a country which rank the top post , in the circle of black metal- Scandinavia.

But some how rather , I might pelik why did Wong Fuh Toh tweeted me and said he prefered New Zealand than Sibu? ..or may be the religious is not the prior matter to him

Sheila Stanley has listed why she loves this country pretty much in her column A Different Spin. Sometimes thinking positive made your life better and I don’t want to totally inspired what has been drawn in 1 Funny Malaysia. Even some of the Maverick facts may be true, and how they derived the data was lil bit sarcasm, I think that is important to think things positively.


(Credit to my boss, Hjh Rotina who gave me some hope to make my life getting better today.).

Why do I love this country?

1. Medical is cheap. My lil daughter has been subsidized the Thyroxin by the government hospital where I cannot get it free in other country.


2. My parents are here and I know it sounds orthodox.


3. I still can perform my Sembahyang Jumaat and Terawih at the mosque I like without any interruption.


4. The halal food is everywhere


5. I can simply reach my home town using good highway (even the toll charge is still expensive).


6. Air Asia. Without this low cost airline, I don’t think I can afford to have out state vacation with my family. I did compare to some other countries low cost carrier, true enough, Air Asia still among the cheapest.

7. Religious conscious here is better than the other country. Even Indonesia claiming that they are the most Muslim population in the region but I strongly believe we are better than them. At least we don’t act things extremely and hypocrite.


8. No earthquake and I never experienced the bombshell exploded near my house yet.

Look like there are the pros and cons about living in this country. There was one junk mail I received last six month said that the brain drain rate here is up to 300 000 per year. I don’t know about the fact but as you can see the more indons here but they success. Why? Because we give them chance to dig our rice here while we are blasting each others and talk shit about politic everyday.

No matter what happen, this is the country I belong.

Merdeka! Keranamu Malaysia ( i really love this)