Saturday, January 8, 2011

Alif Ba Ta: A Saga Begins

The power comes with responsibility. No... This is not the political blog and that is not the subject matter. I just want to share some of the experience and talk about the responsibilities. It’s about the responsibilities and I like it. A father of two and now I am committed to God for raising them till die. The generation changed and now what was given from my father is just transfer the baton and where I have to do next.

Yesterday I have sent Yasmine to Quran class at Darul Quran while Shahnaz is still sleeping. It is a four class a week with a very cheap fee. One of my noble duties to my kids after quit from smoking and teaches them how to pray. The Ustaz who teaches Yasmine is half stroked patience but the way he pronounced every single words in Quran is so clear and according the Tajuid rules. The class is quite flexible as I can send her to any days on the weekday’s night and two classes for weekend’s morning.

Before we reached to the class there are groceries and book stores at the shop lots. Yasmine always blinked-blinked her eyes to the shop and since the class had started; she forced me to buy the Rapunzel's comic which I refuse to buy. As a token for her attending the Quran class, I fished her cheaper book.

Sending my daughter to Quran class is reminding me to my kid’s time. I was instructed to learn and read Al- Quran at Makcik Minah Kassim , about 500 metres from my house. I walked at that time. Makcik Minah has many students and she was well known as a good Quran teacher as her tajwid knowledge is certificate’s proven.
I used to go to Mak Cik Minah house almost every night after Maghrib pray with my neighbouring friends, Kiah, Kasmi, Jone and Bawi. We bring along the Muqaddam together with rehal. I enjoyed the class very much and that's where I believed where my social interact was begun.

One of the most memorable thing is, rat race from the ‘ghost’ on the way back from the class. There were four of us who walked every single night and there was one dark night where Bawi and I planned to make fool of them. After the class finished, we walked from Makcik Minah to our house and on the way back, I instructed all friends to take out the slippers as the ghost couldn’t listen our footsteps when we walk. All of us just walk without slippers and by the time we reached Bawi’s house, I screamed “hantu...!!!!” and the rest except me and Bawi, were running like hell and both of us laughed to the max. At that time, the road has not been premixed yet and it was only laid by the crusher run. I couldn’t imagine it, how pain it was running without slippers on the crusher run. So poor and pity but next day, I was scolded by my father and found guilty. I didn’t say even a word and my ears just get ready to being pinched. I was never cry whenever being punished and that's shows how stubborn I was.I pray to God that the stubbornness would'nt being inherited

Kids nowadays maybe have different experience the way they brought up but I find my kampong and folk value is priceless. The old good things.