Tuesday, July 19, 2011

17th July : The Real BERSIH




So I went... (Sound so cliché like rantings huh u hu…) but not the Walk for Democracy but this Walk of Life organized by Jacobs, the biscuits company not diamond ring.

I have to say that the night before I was a bit worried If couldn’t finished the 6 kilometers walk without any warm up before and I’d really lazy to exercise all this while. My wife registered for the whole family but finally we decided not to bring the kids as we really bother the burden of carrying Yasmine at my back and Shahnaz at my wifey’s back. So we just sent them to their Mama Sofiya.

I woke up at 6.00 am and after Subuh I drove to Shah Alam and took a mug of Milo for my breakfast. We parked at community hall parking bay from there, we walked to Taman Pertanian Bukit Cahaya .I saw many of peoples wearing the yellow t- shirt and I said I was stuck in a rally. Oh my God, another Bersih, I wish the cops won’t get me the tear gas. Meanwhile a troop of Rela was stationed outside the venue but after a while they all went off after the traffic calm down.

Bukit Cahaya , a supposed to be forest reserve but half of the acres being chopped down by the profit oriented developers. Green but not virgin. We reached the registration counter as early as 7.00 am and there were thousands of yellowed people who get ready to walk. A speech by nobody really irritating the crowds as the way he pronounced English sucks at the official ceremony and fortunately Fara Fauzana who is the ambassador of the biscuit took over and run the stage smoothly. To cut it short, the walk started at 8.30 am and we manage to take the biscuit for the light breakfast.
Yeaah… yeah… the sloping ups and down of the Bukit Cahaya had me curse several time and I feel like fainted. The walk of life now turn to walk to die as I really damn tired but looking at Zareene so in the high motivated of breath walking, I should pretend my ego on that matter.
A nice ambience where I still can enjoy looking some of the participants were hot chicks but looking some of them who suffered carrying their kids, I felt thank god not to bring them together especially when the walk hiking up to the hilly part. At one point of the hill, there was a road named Jalan Bersih and everyone was so excited to snap some photos there, not exceptional me, myself. Yeah.. to remind the Bersih and looking at the current situation seems like Yellow is the New Black and all the dirt’s parts fall to the royal colour now.

The last kilometer was quite challenging and it really testing your foot breaking system. The hilly part was down up to the 60 percent of slope and it very dangerous to the kids and senior citizen. While we walked to the finished line, we saw again Fara Fauzana was walking opposite against us and Zareene had snapped photo with her. We finished the walk by Zareene joining the rumble of free goodies and at that time, I can’t help to pretend my ego again. I sat down at one of the corner and rubbed my leg with the Counterpain. We reached home at 1.00 pm after fetched the kids I slept until 6.00 pm. The unsaid experience and the rally walk that really "bersih" without any provocation, tear gas and the motive is just a healthy life.