Tuesday, February 28, 2012

St Valentime Part 1 (London - Paris)

Intro
It’s best to say that man always influenced by the movie and so do I. James Bond’s movies may be one of the movies I adore, not because of the plot but the scenery it offered is so beautiful, and the girls of course. Making a decision to travel four countries in one trip is a big sacrifice because it cost a large portion of my saving and my investment earning. January last year after I realized my enrich point just enough to be redeemed for Europe tour than decided to travel the Europe for the second time and this time with my wife. To me, awarding my wife on her birthday by going outside had been a tradition for two years in a row and this time it is consider “a big shot” for her.Perhaps she contributes as well portion of our expenses in this vacation. She‘ll celebrate her birthday in London and our valentines would be in Paris. Oh yes, it sounds like James Bond’s journey, travelling from one country to another one just to solve the criminal puzzles.

14th. Feb 2012 [LCCT>Gatwick]
On the Feb 14th, we departed with Air Asia from LCCT and the boarding experience miserably sucks. We sat with four Spanish dropped-out who just never stop talking and making the air-taxi like their father’s. There were four of them, who travelled to Sadao from their passport I saw and I guess they’ve been talking about their sex experience with Thai‘s girl from their body language and I could not understand Spanish either. As was being planned reaching Gatwick at 11.pm and without taking any accommodation just to save our money we had to sleep at the airport. Again those dropped out‘s Hispanic joined us. Taking breakfast from Mark & Spencer at the airport was something strange but it does practical to us and the price justified. Going out from the airport with weather of 4 degrees was a shock to us and after buying the ticket we travelled to London by using National Express and it cost us about GBP 19 per head.

15th Feb 2012 [Victoria>Oxford Street> St Pancras London>Gare du Nord, Paris.]
We reached Victoria at 8.00 am after 2 hours journey from Gatwick and then with the hustle and bustle of Victoria I discover Victoria are ten time worse than KL Sentral . Victoria Station like an Ikea poster in my house wall, seem like an old factory from the outside, but they’d probably renovate the interior and it looks more or less like KL Sentral. We tried to purchase ticket and with little help from counter representative we get the single ticket journey to Piccadilly Circus. We should get our Oyster card on the first day but we didn’t make it that’s our mistake and the journey starts counting money.
Oxford Street is a total shopping street to tourist and we walked from nose to tail. We met one Malaysian guy, Dave Choo who had been running a souvenir shop for 18 years. He seemed so excited meeting us and after we said we just reached there but going to travel Europe, he gave me a multipurpose knife as can opener. So kind of him but in the first place I suspected he tried to approach me and he looked damn gay and right after I introduce my wife, Zareen to him , I cant see a bit disappointed from his face. He advised us just to walk to get St Pancras and he said it just near by. With 9 kilo’s of Deuter bag I carried we reached King Cross St Pancras Station after one and half hour walking and I started to curse him for a big lying.
King Cross is an efficient station and the trip to Paris had been circled in one station. From there we crossed the country and we slept the whole journey. We reached Gard du Nord at 7.00pm and it almost dark in the winter. Damn cold, wet, many niggers and exposed to criminal. The two girls looked panic but with my last experience and I considered French literate, it helps a lot. Pouvez-vous me montrer la direction à cette adresse? That’s the sentence I asked the taxi driver he showed us the hostel just 5 minutes walking from the train station. Vintage, a budget hostel located in Rue de Dunberque, a section 5 of Paris city and it consider cheap for 30 euro per night.

16th Feb 2012 [Paris Explore : Eiffel Tower > Champ de Elysess > Louvre ]
It’s hard for second timer to be so excited seeing the Eiffel but my wife and Wanie, they were so eager, excited and Wanie keep saying that she feel like Ariana in Ariana Mikhail, one of the sitcom in TV which I never bother about. I decided not to take the elevator to the tower after misunderstand of the ticket counter and they did. So I walked up to the first tier on the east pillar and it a bit challenges who lazy to exercise like me. We ate at the corner of the bridge right in front of Trocadero and this time again I purchased wine which I don’t know. I drank and they don’t after they knew it contain alcohol. Well It wasn’t my first time either so it doesn’t really give me goes dizzy with three cups of French wine.Yupp..org kata “ ter “ takpa..but how about three cups?

We then walked to Champ de Elyse’s and explore the catwalk city of Paris and nothing new to me but for them I can see the eagerness. Before that I had to wee-wee at one of the hotel and may be the affects of wine gave me just cant help to get the toilet and what do you expect in Europe. They are so stingy to build toilet like many Asian countries.

We then walked to Louvre just imagine it just half of Paris we discovered just by walking and it really challenge my foot step and my ankle stopping gear

17th Feb 2012 [Bus Sightseeing Eiffel Tower > Champ de Elysess > Louvre>Notre Dame ]
Shop, and shop. Let Zareene’s blog write this and she much more excited rather than me and her writing in official mode is well credited. Wanie’s blog just for business purpose and I think her ability to write a travellog diary a bit limited.

18th Feb 2012 [Bus Sightseeing Eiffel Tower > Champ de Elysess > Louvre>Notre Dame ]
Same thing and I getting bored travelling in Paris and let just Zareene write her experience. All are expensive except Kebab. >>>.....>>>>to be continued