Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Street Beat

Several hundred teenagers are living in abandoned buildings in Kuala Lumpur. They roam the streets, robbing and prostituting themselves to survive. One couple even made sex tape for sale. Shockingly, the parents of some of these kids know what they are doing.

I met some people who became my friends, people of my age group and some adults. To support myself, I became prostitute. I earn between RM150 to RM 300 per customer. - Mia, 17 years old.
_____________________________________________________________________

What shocking news of today from the New Sunday Times. Is this real or something to cover up the petrol price increased? No… NST is not as cruel as Utusan or Harakah .I believe this weekend's newspaper still have credibility for what they’ve reported.
I begin my life in Klang Valley as early age of 18 years old. Until now, after survived with the hustle of KL challenged, I managed to have a good family and two properties but still the city taught me to dig my own food in proper manner. Yes... Life is expensive but not as cheap as this.
I am sure most parents worried about their kids. Being a prostitute of course will never come across to every parent for their kid’s future. But you see, the headlines of today seems like there are wash hand case of some big guns.
According to NST, a Scottish woman chanced upon them while searching for a dining with her husband.They then took pity on them and has discovered them by relocated to several safehouses.
The picture above shows where the abandoned building had been occupied by this street children.
Jill said " the authorities are not helping,instead they asked why am I doing all this" Peeeghhh!!! What a shame.The outsiders are trying to give a good shelter to the citizen.

Sometime it makes me wonder, can’t they think any other job? MC D offered RM800 to RM 1000 pay per month and same goes to 7-11, Al Ikhsan Sport Outlets or any business premises in the shopping mall. Is that something what they want or any void of the way they've bonded? I urged people out there to think about this. Can't some one big out there could arranged something like task force to handle this problem?
This is not something as difficult as flotilla setting up or you have to purchase a ship to help them. It happens in our country , on the streets.Duhhh!!

Thanks to G Shanti and Badrul Hisham for reporting this and let Kak IJat realized a lot of works have to do. Gilabab